A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Bringing Home my Foster Kid vs. Bringing Home my Newborn

Just for fun, I wanted to do a comparison of just how different their first few days at home were.

Liam's size :  Approximately 12 lbs and wearing size 3mo clothes
Ronan's size : 8 lbs. 12 oz. at birth and in newborn clothes (for about 3 weeks).

Age when he came home:
Liam : 5 months + 1 week old
Ronan :  Newborn! 41 weeks + 1 day in the womb.

Amount of Time to prepare for baby's arrival :
Liam :  About 16 hours
Ronan :  About 10 months

Liam : formula fed.
Thoughts: How much? When?
Ronan : breast fed.
Thoughts: How long? Ouch.

Mom's age when Liam came home: 28
Status: healthy, active and well-rested.
Mom's age when Ronan was born: 32
Status: exhausted, 20 lbs overweight and tore up from the floor up.


What was your bringing home baby story? Share in the comments!

Ronan, October 2015.
Liam, February 2012.






1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...