A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, January 19, 2015

Joy

January has been such a happy month! And, let's be honest, it never is. It's always dreary and I miss the twinkle and excitement of Christmas. I've been feeling good this January! This new house has got me all excited. Sure, there's only one bathroom and no dishwasher. It's a drafty, old farmhouse but I love it. I'm content here. I went on a 5 mile run up Main Street today. There's an old theater playing The Sound of Music, a bakery that I must try and no shortage of antique shops. It's a dream.

I feel as though I've been complaining for a year so it feels strange to confess my joy and happiness. It feels strange to be truly happy! I've found that when I am living in communion with God, our creator, fighting depression and discouragement is about spending intentional time with Him. I spent a year being tired and thirsty and lonely - when all along there was a joy.
Isaiah 55: 1 - 3
“Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money,
 come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.
Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you."
I think I'm a positive person but sometimes in life there's not a lot to be happy about. Positivism takes some work sometimes. Happiness is circumstantial and sometimes there are some circumstances that suck. There's a chasm between happiness and joy. Joy looks at adversity and laughs. Joy is infectious. Joy is happiness, no matter what. Joy is peace and contentment. Joy is free, without cost.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Lindsy! I love and appreciate the honestly. Jesus is the ONLY thing that brings me joy and I am so glad that I get to choose him on hard days.

    I can't wait to read more about your cute farm house!

    Cambria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...