A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Madness

It happens every year.  The farse of spring in Washington would cause even the most grounded individuals to fantasize about living in warmer climates.  We've made it through a dreary fall, a rainy Thanksgiving, a cozy Christmas and now the past three months have been mostly rain.  There was actually a huge ice storm, which I missed because I was in Arizona soaking up as much sun as I could.  There have been many sunny days.  But still.  Not enough.

And so, because I don't give a crap about understand random idiots playing sports college basketball, I would like to re-purpose the phrase March Madness.

March Madness, for my friends and colleagues in Western Washington, now means:

1.  going insane due to the NEED for sunshine
2.  fantasizing about a mass exodus to somewhere warmer; bring all your friends!
3.  searching on Zillow for houses and/or looking for jobs in California

You know I've said this before.  I really don't like to complain about the weather but seriously.  March is THE WORST.  Summer, please hurry up and please be better than last year.  And friends, don't move away!  Unless you're taking me with you.

























I noticed I dont have a lot of pictures of rain because you cant exactly take your camera out in the rain.  These pictures should still show you how dreary it is.

Le sigh, Lindsy

8 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like all i do lately is complain about the weather. i'm glad to see that the lack of sun gets the best of the natives sometimes too! summer will be so worth the wait though, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Summer will be awesome. Especially in Portland. You will LOVE it.

      Delete
  3. In spite of the dreary weather (and it is STILL better than having to shovel snow!) - your pictures are amazing. Love the spider web. SEE YOU IN MAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I'm SO ready for the sun and heat to stay :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...