A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Friday, December 16, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies

Today we're having a Christmas party!  I've got all kinds of food and drink being prepared.  For dessert, I made little mixed berry tarts and my mom's Chocolate Peanut-Butter Ritz cookies.  (They really need a better name, dont they?)  I wrangled Dan into helping me because I thought it would be fun but also because I needed help.

The Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies are a family and friend favorite.  My mom has been making these at Christmas time for years, usually with all of us in the kitchen helping her.  I thought it would be fun for Dan and I to start contributing to the cookie making so I told my mom not to make these this year.


I will drink hot chocolate while Dan works.




Step One:  Put peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers.


Step Two:  Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips with 1 package of Chocolate Almond Bark.


Step Three:  Using tongs, dip each cracker into the chocolate, covering all sides.  Place on wax paper.  Let cool for at least 2 hours. 

These are great for Christmas time because they really last a long time!  The chocolate coating preserves the cracker and peanut butter inside.  YUM!  I want to eat some right now but I wont.  Gotta save 'em for tonight!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...