A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Punkin

My sweetheart left this morning for Nashville.  We've had a really great couple of days - a wedding, decorating our new house, dates, and a movie!  I get the feeling like I am going to miss him a lot this tour.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, not to mention a baby on the way, I feel like I really need him around right now.



However, I have lots to keep myself busy.  Several friends have had babies recently and I'll be taking photos of the little guys!  I also have a new home to decorate - is it too early to bring out the Christmas stuff?  I mean, if I'm going to decorate NOW it might as well be the Christmas decorations.  
Before Dan left, I made a HUGE pot of pumpkin soup.  I'm really into making my own soups and this one was delightful.  I will try to post the recipe.


I thought it was funny that it turned out the same color as my tea pot!


My Pumpkin Soup Recipe:

  • Cut a mini pumpkin in half and "gut" it.  Place it, rind-side-up in a glass baking dish.  Add 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the dish.  
  • Bake the pumpkin at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until the pumpkin feels soft.
  • Chop an onions and fennel (optional) and simmer in 2 cups of vegetable broth. 
  • Puree onions, broth, and pieces of cooked pumpkin in a blender or food proccesser.  Add 1 cup of cream.  Dump everything back in to the pot and simmer on low heat.
  • To season, add a splash of curry powder, a teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper [give or take].


Enjoy the last bits of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...