A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Community



Last night, there were 19 people at our new place!  19!  It was so cool.  Unfortunately, Dan wasn't here to witness all the fun.  He's somewhere in Kansas or Missouri.  The food and friendship was amazing!  [If I do say so myself.]  I made baked brie, Sweet Baby Ray Meatballs, spanakopita, stuffed mushrooms, & pumpkin bread.  There was also candy, pretzels, ice cream, apple cider, beer, and wine. Oh and 4 Cokes!


The intention of this gathering was two-fold:  to be a part of a community that's accepting and fun and likes to eat food and to facilitate a discussion on Jesus.  Not "who has _____ told you that Jesus is" but simply, who is he to you.  Not everyone that comes to the group is on the same page.  We've got people from many different backgrounds and beliefs.  So, we covered topics such as:  The history of religion (A.D.)  Does Jesus matter?  Does it matter if he was God or not?  How does what he said compare with other religions?

We came to no conclusions and we will reconvene next Monday night for further discussion.  This time, about the protestant church.  It will be a doozy, I'm sure!  More people seem to have more problems with church than they do with Jesus.

I have no idea what I'm going to serve next week because I set the bar pretty high.  Suggestions?



3 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Your photos are gorgeous!!! Do you happen to remember what settings you used when you took those? I stink at indoor photography

    picsoandrea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.... I used a 35mm prime lens and my settings were this:

      f/1.8 and Exposure: 1/180
      ISO 1000 (I think)

      Delete
  2. Hmm.... I used a 35mm prime lens and my settings were this:

    f/1.8 and Exposure: 1/180
    ISO 1000 (I think)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...