A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Life of a Tour Wife




The day before my husband leaves on a tour is usually a date night.  Dinner + last minute packing and cleaning up = very low key.  For some reason this week we changed it up and decided to go buck wild on Tuesday.  We went to the Puyallup Fair which, if you didn't know, is one of the top ten largest fairs in the United States.  We got some fair scones and Krusty Pups and Earthquake burgers, all Puyallup Fair "must-haves".  We saw it all and left around 8:30pm.  Then we hung at at a friends house until 10.  Then we went to ANOTHER friends house until 2am! 2am on a Tuesday.  (Like I said... buck wild!)

This is where it gets dicey....

My husband, God bless him, left on tour on Wednesday morning at 6am.  4 hours of sleep, I dont know how he does it.  When I got up (much later than 6am) I noticed that my keys (mail key, BMW keys, Chevy key, loft keys) weren't on the hook by the door.  Curious, I sent Dan a text:  "do u know where u left the keys?"  He called and said he thought he left them on his desk or on the floor on his side of the bed.  "Whatever, I'll look for them later...." and I went about my day.  Around 4:00 I needed to run errands.  I started to look for the keys in the places I was told they might be... and then I looked in other practical places... and then I looked in weird places... and then I looked in places that they keys would definitely not be but thought I should look there anyway.... and then I called Dan.

He gave me all sorts of new ideas... the jacket he had on last night ... the bathroom floor ... his jeans... the change jar...the sock drawer.....basically, EVERYWHERE!  I ended up getting a ride to my evening rendezvous, a ladies night, and then I called him again when I got home.  More ideas, more searching.  No keys.  I ended up spending 3 hours looking for these keys.  I just KNEW Dan had them.  He had to.  He checked his bag (again) and didnt find them so we both went to bed and decided to deal with it in the morning.

Today, I woke up to this message on my phone:  "Lindsy, I'm so sorry.  I found the keys in my bag.  I'll ship them to you."

UGGGHHHH.  We still dont know how the keys got there!  I hope and pray that I was gracious and patient.  Sometimes I suffer from rage blackouts and I get impatient and say mean things.  I love him so much, scatter-brain and all, but sometimes I have no tolerance for situations like this.  I lecture Dan quite often about putting keys on the key-hook (which is RIGHT BY THE DOOR) and about not leaving on tour with the keys to the Chevy or the loft since the Chevy and the loft AREN'T in Nashville or wherever.

In the meantime, I have my 10 year high school reunion tomorrow so I needed to drive to Vancouver but I bought a train ticket instead and the keys should hopefully arrive at 3pm tomorrow at my mom's front door.  Thank God for overnight shipping.

So, that's a glimpse into the craziness of being a rockstar's wife... or maybe just Dan's wife!

4 comments:

  1. Phew! So glad Dan found 'em, even if it means you had to take the train down to The Couve.

    Wishing you a great HS reunion, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man Lindsy. I think it's the craziness of being Dan's wife. You are truly a saint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom was telling me this story and i said - ok the first words out of my mouth would have been "dan, the keys aren't here, can you please strip nekkid and dump your bag out on the ground and make sure they aren't with YOU?" God love that kid...and you, for putting up with so many danielisms.
    glad you made it to your reunion!

    t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielisms. Perfect! He is quite a character.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...