A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Steppin' Out - Reunion

This weekend was a special occasion:  MY TEN YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!  I can't believe I'm old enough to have a high school reunion and I cant believe I went.  Vancouver is one of those nice communities where most people lived there their entire lives and spent Kindergarten through Senior year with all the same people.  My family moved a few times when I was a kid.  We lived in Vancouver until I was seven, spent 2 years in Salem, OR and then 6 years in Puyallup, WA and then went back to Vancouver and I finished 3 years of highschool (then went to college and never came back).  I obviously felt a little left out (then and now) but I still enjoyed high school and made some wonderful friends.  It was nice to see what everyone's been doing.  There was a rapper, a published author, a mayor, a PTA/PTO advocate, teachers, bankers, moms and dads.

I can honestly say that I am pretty proud of my past ten years.    I got a degree, got married, bought two houses, lived in France and Canada, and I'm pretty happy with the decisions I've made and the person I've become.  There's nothing wrong with self confidence!  Lord knows I could have used more in high school.

I have never done an outfit post and I dont intend on making it regular thing.  However, I DO like clothes and I DO like this outfit and I DO like my friends' blogs that have outfit posts.  So, for your viewing pleasure, here is what I wore to my 10-year reunion.



Top: IheartRonson by Charlotte Ronson for JC Penny. | Jeans: BDG from UO. | Shoes: Target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...