A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Make it a Grape Day!

In 2006, Dan was supposed to start touring with a band but two of the guys got cold feet.  Meanwhile, Dan and I had already quit our jobs and were about to put our house on the market.  An opportunity came to us that changed our lives forever:  We got to live in France for a year!  It was so wild and it all happened very quickly.  We sold the house, gave our car to Dan's brother, raised a bit more money, went to training in Illinois, and 4 months later we bought one-way tickets to France.  
I so badly want to write more about France but this post isn't about France. 
Upon starting our classes on how to serve in France we got asked the question, "Do you drink wine?"  Dan and I looked at our friend, Rick, and answered simultaneously "No", not sure if it was a trick question.  His reply was, "Well, you'd better start!" Apparently we needed to start drinking to fit in and not offend the French.  So, we did.  It was harder for Dan and he still doesn't really like wine.  But I do!  
Anyway......that's the brief story of why I drink wine.  (Did I really need a reason???!?!)
The point of this whole post is just to show off these grape vine pictures from our vacation in Kelowna, BC last weekend.  (I feel like I just wasted 5 minutes of your time and I apologize.)  Make it a grape day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...