A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

Being a photographer, I go to a lot of weddings.  The past couple years, I think I've seen cupcakes at about 3 out of every 4 weddings.  Cupcake stores are blowing up all over the U.S.!  Cupcakes. Are. Everywhere!  Cupcakes in general are SUPER popular now but  I'm going to be honest:  I am pretty sure I had cupcakes at my wedding before anyone else.  I had never seen it before so it was an original idea - that I'm pretty proud of.

Our friends' son, Nicholas!

My wedding was all neutral colors, save for the BRIGHT RED bridesmaid dresses.  Everything else was pretty much off-white so the cupcakes were vanilla and banana, white frosting, and a little red rose on top.  They were cute!  I got married in 2003 but it wasn't until 2005 that I discovered red velvet cake.  OMG!  Ever since my first taste I've been delving into red velvet cake.  HARD.  I can't get enough of it. One of my only regrets in life was NOT discovering red velvet cake before I got married.  It would have been so cute with the red bridesmaids dresses.

My favorite local bakery, Corina. Pictured here is vegan red velvet cake.

Nick with his Red Velvet cupcake from Hello Cupcake.



An afternoon out with my niece, Evah.  Hello Cupcake!

2 comments:

  1. we went to hello cupcake on tuesday. YUM! and red velvet cake is delicious, but do you know how to make the "real" red velvet cake frosting? it's made with butter and flour and milk and you cook it, then add sugar. it is delicious! (but, not vegan, so if you are vegan that's not gonna work).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to try and make my own red velvet. Send me a recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...