A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mon Ami

Four years ago I met a confident, opinionated, beautiful girl named Solenne.  She is 100% French and speaks English (very well!) with a cute accent.  We didn't spend much time together during the year that I lived in France but when we did I always felt her authenticity and huge heart shining brightly!  She was single when I met her but shortly after this photo was taken, I moved back to the U.S. and Solenne met Gilles.  They were married within a year and they moved to Quebec!  She's not working in Canada so she decided to take a vacation to the Pacific Northwest and visit her friend, Daispring, who lives in Portland.  It's funny how you can miss somone that you've only met several times and haven't seen in four years.  It was such a fun day.  Sam and Dewey came with us.  We ate delicious food and basked in the sun and the bustling city.  She was just as sweet as I remember her and she had an extra glow about her due to the fact that she's 4 months pregnant! I had a wonderful time showing her some of the American books I grew up with like Dr. Seuss and Curious George. She bought a few for her little baby, who will likely be bilingual (lucky!).  I don't know when we'll see her again but I would LOVE to see French-speaking Canada and now I have an open invite and place to stay!

[Above:  Me and Solenne at Camp Champfleuri in Spring of 2007

____________________________________________________________

[Below: Ordering Lunch, Dining Al Fresco, Record Store, Walking, Market, Pub, Donuts - 2011]

Ordering Calzone.
Daispring and Solenne gnosh streetside.

Dan in a record store.
Walking the streets.
Dan and Dewey explore the public market.
Dewey and Sam at The Horse Brass.
Dan's ENORMOUS donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...