A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tacoma Style

I have a new friend, Libby, who has an amazing blog called Delightfully Tacky. On Monday, she invited me along to take photos of street style. She's new in Tacoma and needed some ideas for places to go in downtown. I, being a photographer and downtown-dweller, got invited to host! So sweet! However, I thought she meant we'd be taking photos of HER street style because she dresses really rad and about 70% of her blogs are outfit posts of her own styling. Nope. She wanted to take photos of other peoples' street style. Cool!

I like clothes and style but I'm (obviously) not a fashion blogger or fashionista so I let Libby take the lead. Much to our dismay, 5:00 on a Monday in downtown is totally dead. Weird, right? Before we totally gave up on downtown Tacoma, I took her to the alleys on South 21st and I took photos of her outfit. I love the way they turned out!

We headed up to 6th Ave hoping to find some street-smart fashionistas. We only found two. Two girls outside House of Tattoo on 6th and Oakes. They were really fun. Love the Keds shoes, love the scarf and glasses. So cute!

Libby found some other kids to photograph a day or two later. Here is her blog post about Street Style. I'd love to all of a sudden be a lifestyle/fashion blogger but I'll stick to what I do best. Finding beauty in the little things. (I think that's what this blog is about....)




1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...