A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We graciously got the opportunity to go to Libby's family's vacation home this weekend. It was a 24-hour getaway with our community group, the people we share our lives with. We spent time on the beach in the SUN! We dug for geoducks but all we found were clams. We shared some great stories and talked about change. We played games, sang, and ate very well: Seafood boil, chocolates and candy, Tillamook ice cream, mango pancakes.... Mmm! We are all dying to go back! It was so peaceful and uplifting. Thanks to Andy and Ruthy for planning it and to Libby and her family for letting us use their awesome house!

This is the whole gang. We stopped at Fat Smitty's on the way to Sequim.



My sweetie, Dan, and me on the Puget Sound shore in Sequim, Washington.




Photo of the Day. 04/23/11. Dan and Ben buy and sell geoducks but have never dug one up. We spent a good hour or so trying to get one! We failed but we had fun doing it!



Dan and me - Geoduck diggin'! Photo courtesy of
Ruthy.


Dan and Sam were sporting mustaches.






Photo by Dan Read.

Ruthy and Andy - being cute.



Libby's dress, rubber boots, cardigan, belt, glasses ... all so cute!

Seafood Boil: Crab legs, Crawdads, Shrimp, Clams, Potatoes, Corn, Lemons, Bread, Melted Butter, no plates, NAPKINS.



The highlight of the weekend!



I was ... just.... trying to help Libby get out...

Photo of the Day. 04/24/11. Beautiful Easter Morning. View from the yard at Libby's House.




After the 24-hour getaway, Dan and I drove down to see my mom and brother. My sisters were both unable to join us (and were missed terribly) and I'm not sure what my dad was doing. It was quiet and simple. We ate quiche and my mom's famous pudding delight. We watched Prince Charles and Princess Di's wedding and Wall-E. A short visit but it's always nice to see my mom. All in all a beautiful weekend and an amazing Easter!

4 comments:

  1. My dress is actually brand new from Target! I love target. ugh. I can't go in there w/o buying something, it's terrible. I love the photo of all of us at Fat Smitty's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target!? Get outta town! I would have SWORN it was from the 70s. RADICAL, DUDE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. Target KILLS me like every time. It was from one of their GO International lines where they have big designers do a little collection for Target and they recently reissued a couple designs from each designer they've done in the past. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos...and the weekend. so glad to have spent it with yall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...