A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, February 07, 2011

Busy Weekend




I am a member of a bed-and-breakfast-couch-surfing type website that I've used a couple of times. In New York, my friend Sara and I stayed in a SWEET townhouse on 42nd and 9th, just a couple blocks from Times Square for $100/night. And in Boston, my hubby and I stayed in someone's boat in the harbor for $100/night. AMAZING! So, it's kind of a give and take type thing. I put our loft on there just thinking that no one would actually want to stay here. It's a 1,200 sq ft studio loft with one bathroom (i.e. NO PRIVACY). But, I got an email from a sweet 40 year old nurse named Katie who lives on Vashon Island. She was scheduled to work a few 12 hour shifts this weekend and wanted to crash on our floor from 7am - 4pm (Her work hours were 6pm to 6am). Taking the ferry home and back would have seriously cut into her sleeping time so we obliged to let her stay. I was up allllll morning waiting for her to get in. I checked my clock at 2am, 3am, 4:30am, 5am, 6am.... Then... UH-OH! 8am... text from Katie. She met up with a friend for breakfast and would be later than expected. So, I just decided to start my day since I had a lot of crap to do. We ended up driving around in Freedom Hill's spray-painted van, getting coffee, signing a lease on our house to a new group of UPS students, going to Olympia to visit my BFF and see her new Honda Element. And, of course, taking photos. This is what came out of it. Here are some faves.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...