A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Pride

Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud. - Psalm 138:6



I've been thinking about pride. As soon as I start to judge someones pride and point a finger, I see three fingers pointing back to me.  So cheesy but so true.

I have a friend who's very humble. Almost to the point of being self deprecating. Sometimes he'll compare himself to other people. Bad idea! His humility does a reverse on him and turns into pride.

I've got a similar situation, a thorn in my side. What do I do when someone is prideful of the things they do & rub it in my face when I've done the exact same thing? ...& never boasted. The very thought of this boastful person makes me angry (red flag!) which tells me that I'm not as humble as I thought.

Always a work in progress,
Lindsy

3 comments:

  1. pride...it's a tricky little thing that weasels its way into our spirit huh? it's so, so sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found another verse....

    Isaiah 5:21
    Woe to those who are wise in their own sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My previous two attempts at leaving a comment resulted in me getting a swelled head. I will just say kudos for the post and good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...