A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Friday, March 11, 2016

Liam : 4 and a Half

You're probably used to reading really sweet blog posts about how much I love my children, how I fought for Liam's adoption and how sweet my baby Ro is. This is not one of those posts. 

To everyone who told me they loved 4 year olds : Were you kidding? I know we introduced a new baby right after Liam turned four but the past 6 months have been a struggle. He's still throwing tantrums and we've added in a dash - a BIG OL' DASH - of backtalk. Did you just turn 15 overnight? He knows every button to push. He really is a sweet boy and he's sharpening our parenting skills, that's for sure. When three came and went with tantrums of epic proportions, I longed for four and now here we are again looking forward to five. But, I stop myself. I remind myself : he is sweet, he is spirited and he needs you to be the best version of yourself. 

He is never going to be "easy". He is a powerful dude and my job is not to hide his power, to force him to submit and fit in and be like everyone else. He's a super hero, we just need to teach him to use his powers (energy, passion, emotion) for good, not evil. Even though he favors the bad guys (Darth Vader, the Joker, etc) ...we'll teach him that the good guys always win.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...