A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

In Case You Were Wondering...

In case you were wondering, cuz I know I'd be if I were you, we do not have fertility issues. The decision to adopt before trying to have biological children was one that came to me when I was about 25 years old. Dan and I were talking about adoption, something we had decided we definitely wanted to do, and it hit me. In every conversation I'd had about adoption, I'd hear 1 of 2 things: "We will adopt if we can't have kids of our own" or "We will adopt after we have a few kids of our own." That's fine. But, why? Why does it have to be the second place option. (BTW, "children of our own" is not great terminology. Liam is ours. Even though he's adopted.) And so, at 25 and 27, even though we'd been married for several years, we decided we'd adopt before we had ever tried to have biological children. 

Last year I had a miscarriage and we were scared that maybe we couldn't procreate afterall. We were so happy after adopting Liam and we found strength and solace in knowing that our hearts were wide open to adoption and that maybe adoption was the only way we were intended to parent. We found out that miscarriages are common. Very, very common. So, we had a plan to try in the spring of 2015. Then in January, SURPRISE! I was pregnant! So what if he or she is 2 months earlier than we'd like. It didn't happen exactly as planned but we're happy all the same. 

14 week BUMP before a run in the park.



10 week ultrasound. "HAND". 

2 comments:

  1. This is an amaging post. For information go <a href="http://www.signsofpregnancy24.com/>Signs of Pregnancy</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for this discussion. For more in formation you can go
    Signs of pregnancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...