A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Let Me Help You Through This Day"

We moved to Nashville for so many reasons. To further Dan's career, to be more focused, to be around like-minded dream-chasers, to do life with people who live like we do.

I didn't move to Nashville to be lonely. But...... I'm lonely. Why is that so hard to admit? Is my pride so big that I cant stand the thought of being pitied? (Yes.) Do I not want my friends and family to worry about me? (Yes.) I love this blog post by Kristen from When at Home about loneliness. It encouraged me to embrace this slower season of life. Motherhood is lonely. Especially in a new city. Especially with a traveling husband. When most of your friends are traveling and touring or married to someone who is traveling or touring, it's lonely.

I've been through constant change over the past 4 years and just when I so desperately want to settle, more change is coming. Our future is a bit uncertain. I may be taking on more work which means Liam may be going to daycare. I might see Dan a lot less. We might jump through all the hoops to get approved for a mortgage. I might have to, yet again, report a change of income to Obamacare and deal with finding another new healthcare plan. Or, life may continue on as it has. But hopefully, no matter what happens, life in Nashville will go on with lots more friends, more hope and less stress.

The journal entry below is my new daily prayer. A Seattle-blogger friend of mine, Ally, posted it on Instagram just when I needed it so badly. I need to stop relying on my own strength (or Dan's strength) to get through each day when God offers peace, joy and contentment. I know a lot of lonely people in Nashville and I want to do something about it. I'm dreaming of prayer groups and dinner parties and mommy-outings. I am dreaming of helping others while ultimately helping myself - it's disgusting when you put it that way but it just might work.

Please, if you're the praying type, lift up our family in prayer when you think of us.





11 comments:

  1. When most of your friends are traveling and touring or married to someone who is traveling or touring, it's lonely.

    This. I find this to be the biggest issue here in Nashville. I want to get together with people, but either Craig is home or their husband's are home. And we want to spend as much time with our husbands as we can when they are home. It seems the tour seasons rarely line up, and as a result we all end up being alone when our husbands are on the road anyway. It's a strange cycle that perhaps we can tackle somehow through Road Widows as a group?

    Either way, I wish I could tell you how often a day I think about you, Dan and Liam and hope things are going well here. Definitely have you guys in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Denise! I appreciate it SO MUCH. How about a shared calendar in which we all can throw out our "lonely days" and see who else is free! ;) P.S. Let's hang out!

      Delete
  2. oh lindsy I struggle with this STILL!!! But I know a new city and a traveling husband and so much uncertainty only magnify the situation. Love you girl...when are you visiting T town again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruthy! I am so sorry you're still feeling lonely. UGH. I have no idea when I'll be back at this point but I miss you SO MUCH!

      Delete
  3. Im So glad this blessed and encouraged you. Isaiah 43 has been my go to for this hard lonely season i am in. I find great comfort in knowing that no matter what or where I go, Jesus is already there and He is staying by my side. I am praying for you, girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you're lonely, too. Thanks for being so transparent. Praying for you too! XOXO

      Delete
  4. I will add your beautiful family to my daily prayers.
    Hang in there, it will get better - hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate you so much!

      Delete
  5. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this site, for the reason that
    i want enjoyment, as this this site conations genuinely pleasant funny data too.


    My blog post; cna classes in mankato mn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you can call is any time!!!!! I'm always up for a hang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you can call is any time!!!!! I'm always up for a hang.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...