A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Sunday, April 13, 2014

On "Giving Up" on my "Dreams"

Last night was my first night at my new job. It was a simple, easy wedding. The bride was laid back. Her parents were awesome. They just wanted to dance and drink. 

But there's an ugly little voice that's telling me I gave up on my dreams. It's like a little dark cloud on my party, telling me that I've failed. The truth is, Dan and I talked for hours discussing what our life in Nashville would be like. What I really wanted was a flexible job in which I could work really hard 1 or 2 days a week and have plenty of free time with Liam. I also didn't want to have to work on these few, precious days that Dan is home since he'll be touring so much. I wanted to plan events but didn't know where to start or how to get the clientele. I have the camera gear, I have the website, I have the experience, I had the drive. Thus, the dream of being a wedding photographer was born. It just seemed like a good fit.

I went for it as best as I could but this place is a "who you know" type of town and with a toddler at home there isn't a lot of opportunity to get out and rub elbows with... anyone, really. So, I signed a contract for a job that I think I'm going to love. And they're supportive of my photography, too! I've found something I'm good at, that fits my criteria of flexibility. So, my only regret is that I didn't wear heels on my first day. I believe it's an unwritten requirement. I think I need to buy new shoes and buying shoes is one of my favorite things to do so I guess... technically... I have no regrets! I loved it and I can't wait for the next event.




4 comments:

  1. You are amazing at putting your feelings so eloquently into words. I love reading your adventures and the honest truth you tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement. It's nice to get feedback. I see my pageviews but dont always get a lot of feedback. You are so sweet for following along.

      Delete
  2. you are doing great. know that. (fist pump emoticon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erika! That means a lot.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...