A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Leaving

The idea to move to Nashville has been lurking for a very, very long time. I believe we first brought it up two years ago - but even just two months ago I didn't really think it was going to happen. I was in denial or maybe I just really didn't want to break the news to our friends. 

My husband, who pretty much has Reactive Attachment Disorder to everything, is incredibly sad about leaving Washington - and it's surprising both of us. He has, all along, been the driving force behind living in Nashville. And why wouldn't he be? Huge houses at affordable prices, a short drive to his parent's house, the world's best musicians.

I am equal parts "big picture" and "detail" person. When a big idea like a cross-country move comes to mind I imagine a fun family road trip. I imagine myself living in a new house with a [hot!] new climate - and then later I realize what it means to move: to leave your home behind. Not just my home, my life, my friends, my family. It's really starting sink in. Washington, we sure are going to miss you!


1 comment:

  1. what a giant, great adventure! but yes, i can imagine the sadness about leaving our great state.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...