A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

From Tacoma to Nashville




In case you missed the announcement... We are moving! I cant really believe it. I mean, look at that map! Look at how far that is! This is not the first time I've made a big move. I went to college about 1,000 miles away in Edmonton, Alberta. Dan and I lived in Grenoble, France for a year. Both scenarios were temporary and, in a way, Tennessee feels like an even bigger move - and kind of like a foreign country. I'm such a Pacific Northwesterner. I own a fleece jacket (just in case...for the hiking or whatever) and a part of me dies when there's nowhere to recycle an aluminum can or a piece of paper. However, I am looking forward to living in a city where just about everyone is a transplant from somewhere else.

The hardest part has been telling our friends. Most were supportive, some saw it coming, but there were a few who straight-up do not want us to go. Dan and I both hated it so much that we would take turns. We bartered, "Okay, if you tell ____ at dinner tonight, I'll tell _____ at the party next week." It wasn't easy. When were thinking about moving to Nashville we thought we'd have months to prepare for our move. That we'd have time to say our goodbyes, to plan an adoption party, to plan a going away party. But, we don't. And I feel terrible that we waited so long to tell our dearest friends. We didn't have a plan then and we still don't have a plan now. But the great thing about being a follower of Jesus is that I don't have to worry. We haven't ordered the moving boxes, we don't have a forwarding address, I dont have a job. But, I know that the Lord has a plan for us and, therefore, I cannot worry because God's plan is always better than mine.

That doesn't mean that I'm not stressed! Each day is a battle, an internal monologue telling myself that it's going to be okay, that it's too early to apply for jobs and email about that adorable townhome I saw on Craigslist.

We dont have a date yet. But it's soon. Prepare yourselves.

Happy 2014!!!

2 comments:

  1. For what its worth, Nashville has an okay recycling program. They don't take glass (WHY???) but they take pretty much anything else to a point. Its nothing like PNW has, but its better than anything I ever had when I lived in Texas. ;)

    FWIW, you have Nashville friends excited to see you coming our way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! :) And thanks! We are eager to make new friends. Cant wait!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...