A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, October 28, 2013

The T-Shirt Dress : 2 Ways


I've had this striped T-shirt dress since we lived in France in 2007. I have styled it and worn it many ways -but always with pants. In fact, it's a little strange even calling it a dress. I decided that I'd try it with some thick fall tights and play around with a few different layers. I don't work in an office (I work from home) but if I did, I thought it would be nice to have a transitional outfit from office wear to casual wear. The casual look is very casual and would be suited best for a concert or, I dont know, construction. But, it's fun and it's paying homage to the 90s grunge era so I like that!


Shirt Dress: H&M, Tights: Target, Blazer: thrifted, Shoes: Steve Madden.

For the office wear I chose some comfy wedges and a blazer. After trying on a few jackets with this fitted dress, I learned a few things. For a short jacket, choose a frock that emphasizes your waist like this tailored blazer. A longer jacket or sweater can be looser, as long as it is covers your bum. You could also pull off a cropped jacket or vest if you dont mind showing off your curves. What you want to avoid is a boxy top that hits you mid-bum. This will make you look bigger and wider than you are. So, two rules on jackets: show off the waist or cover the bum.

For the casual look, I went with my new combat boots and a men's shirt with some studded bangles. Hair: messy, as usual. I rarely mix prints so this was a stretch for me but I think that it coordinates beautifully - without trying too hard or being too match-matchy

Office lady goes 90s grunge. Just have fun with it! If you're comfortable with your curves you'll be so comfortable in a stretchy T-shirt dress. 

Shirt Dress: H&M, Tights: Target, Shirt: Forever 21 Men (borrowed from Dan), Combat boots: TJ Maxx, Bangles: TJ Maxx.


Photos by Sarah Kyle.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...