A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Summertime Sadness

As LDR would say, I've got that summertime sadness. Because, summer is basically over and I wish it wasn't. So, here is a transitional outfit for a pre-autumn day when it might be cloudy and a balmy 70°. The shirt is a men's T-shirt. I love the cut, especially the neckline. Normally I'm all about showing a little decolletage but this outfit was meant for a lazy Sunday. The maxi skirt is a vintage find and being blue with white polka dots it has endless styling possibilities but I tend to pair it with grey because I heart grey more than anything. The shoes and belt were thrift store goodies. I love a good belt buckle and I rarely show them off so I thought this casual skirt/shirt combo needed something to make a statement. When I asked my mom about Mootsies Tooties and she said she had a pair in the 80s. And that explains why I felt so drawn them. I love nostalgia. Well, I truly hope your fall is dry and crisp and full of pumpkin-flavored-things. Just listen to the song and try not to weep when you realize that it's a good 9 months before you can go swimming again. KBYE!








Skirt/Shoes/Belt: thrifted | T-shirt: H&M (men's) | Nail polish: China GlazeⓇ Evening Seduction and OPIⓇ Germanicure. 
All photos by Sarah Kyle

2 comments:

  1. i love lana-- even though she's suuuper weird (i think)

    also. your outfit is perfect. at least, perfection to me. I loves it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...