A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recipe: Chocolate Bark



I have a major sweet tooth but I try not to bake.  When I bake I eat too much.  Plus, I've been avoiding all processed foods, sugar, dairy and grains in order to lose some weight before I hit the Mediterranean in a few weeks with my main squeeze. I also like things fast. 

So, I've invented what's become my go-to Paleo dessert: Chocolate Bark with dried fruit and nuts. I recommend Macadamia nuts and dried cherries. I've also used cranberries and someday, when I'm feeling fancy, I will try dried blueberries. I tell my self this dessert is somewhat healthy because it's full of antioxidants and it's not processed and has little sugar. You can tell yourself the same.

You'll need about 1 handful of nuts, 1 handful of fruit and 2 handfuls of chocolate. I got this from the bulk section of the store. It's all organic and the dried cherries were no sugar added. SWEET!

To melt the chocolate, simply microwave it in 20 second intervals, stirring in between. It doesn't take long.
Mix it together, dump it onto parchment paper, spread it out and throw it in the fridge. I recommend transferring it to a big ol' dinner plate before putting it in the fridge. It will take about 20 minutes to firm up.





During this time, feel free to lick the bowl and utensils clean. Once it's set, break it into pieces and put it on a pretty plate. Or just eat it right off the paper while you watch your favorite reality TV show. Alone.













Yummy!

For those of you who want to "PIN" this in one nice, neat post.... Here ya go!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...