Dan and I mentored teenagers for many years and we saw a lot of hurt and confusion. I was searching for inspiring quotes earlier this week and I noticed on Pinterest that many of the most popular quotes were a little dark, a little hurt. They were inspiring but they were about facing opposition. Things like: The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow." "Dont let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life." "I'm sorry I cant be perfect."... and many, many more. Some that are just too crazy to even repeat.
I found some inspirational quotes and layered them over some of my instagrams. I love the way they turned out. So, enjoy these little messages of hope. Meditate on them and spread them around the internet!
Some other inspiration from this week --
- Casey Wiegand started saying "yes" to her children and loved it. I need to do this more.
- Ruthy shared her thoughts on being an older mom. While I'm not an old mom, I'm not young either. But, I just started this mom-business and if we have/get more kids I might be in my 40s when I'm taking a child to their first day of kindergarten. I love Ruthy's honesty in her posts and I was inspired to reflect back on my almost 30 years of life and realize that this is a great time to be a mom!
- I loved that Jami Nato took her first born out for some alone time with mom and dad. Being a first born myself I think she nailed it and her words to her son are so sweet! Kids need individual attention.
- Lauren (The Little Things We Do) and Mona (Hey Mona!) are trying to lose weight and I am inspired! Follow along because it's always nice to have
people looking at pictures of you in your workout clothesaccountability and support. I want to lose a few LBS before my birthday pool party and a few more before our 10-year anniversary Mediterranean cruise.
- I became a contributer on Liberating Working Moms!