A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Great Gatsby Premiere



I get to cross two more items off my 30 before 30 list!  Last week I went to my first "midnight" showing with some lady friends:  Baz Luhrmann's newest flick, The Great Gatsby.  I am an English nerd major and a Baz Luhrmann fan.  I read the book last week so it was fresh in my memory and the movie was a perfect adaptation of the novel.  I just love when that happens.  In short, the movie was magic.  I am still thinking about it!  I was never a huge Leo fan but OH MY!  He just gets better with age, I think. The tan and smile lines have given him a distinguished look that is verrrry easy on the eyes.





Look how gorgeous my friends are!  Everyone did an amazing job of putting together a 20s outfit!  Some of us bought new things to wear while others worked with what they had.  I just love dressing up!  My dress is a drop-waist smock that I snagged at Target for $20.  My peep-toe stilletos are from a high school dance.  Add long necklaces, a headband and dangly earrings and there you have it, a 20s costume.  Because it really feels like a costume. 

I dont know why they make high school students read Gatsby.  I certainly did not appreciate it, or get it, when I was 15.  It's the perfect story for where I'm at in life.  Nick Carraway, the voice of the story, turns 30 and Gatsby is supposed to be 32.  I'm really starting to wrap my head around being 30.  I think it's going to be a great age!

4 comments:

  1. love this! you look fab!
    and i cannot wait to see gatsby! Seeing it this weekend-- fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look amazing, love all the outfits! I should re-read that, haven't since high school and yeah agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...