A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pipsqueak

BB had his 18-month check-up this week. He is 21 pounds, 11 ounces and 31.5 inches long. He is still in the bottom 10th percentile which means that 90% of 18 month olds in the United States are bigger than him. (He's in the 25th percentile for height, but still small). The doctor said that since he's stayed in those percentiles the past year and continued to grow steadily, that this small stature might just be his natural build. He's going to be a tiny man. I started to think about this little pipsqueak and I admit that I was a little worried. He already looks so much like me but the fact that he's small does worry me because I want him to fit in with our family. I am 5' 8" so I'm not a small lady. Dan, who is 6' 5" when he stands up straight, said "small guys look better with guitars." Yeah, that's great. If he even likes guitar. What if he really likes football but he is too tiny to play? Poor, little pipsqueak.

Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional via here
Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional is only 5' 5" and he looks rad with the big ol' Gibson guitars he plays.

Bono is 5' 7.5" and he is one of the worlds greatest rock stars and philanthropists - and one of Dan's favorite people.

Angus Young of AC/DC is only 5' 2" and he's a one of the rockingest dudes in the rock biz!

Prince is 5' 2" ...
Bob Marley was 5' 7" ...
Bon Jovi is 5' 5"...

You're in good company, kiddo. Better pick up that guitar! I know you're going to be great at many things, no matter how big or small!

2 comments:

  1. I love your ending line, SO sweet! The picture of BB and you two in the background is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, don't worry. He'll be great at whatever he chooses to do, he has great parents!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...