A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, October 01, 2012

Recipe: "Italian" Quinoa


It may look like summer outside (seriously, the sunniest it's ever been) but it's starting to get chilly out so it's time for delicious, warm foods.  I'm a sucker for comfort food but we eat pretty healthy.  I'm not sure if Dan realizes but we haven't eaten meat at home in months.  And there was that one time that I was vegan for a year so I know my way around some quinoa.

Quinoa is packed with protein and super easy to make.  You can eat plain, as a side-dish, or toss in some other things to make it a meal.  You can eat it hot or cold.  You can even make cookies with it!

Today, I made "Italian" Quinoa.  Why the quotes?  Because, this isn't entirely Italian and I'm really bad at naming foods I've created.  Exhibit A:  Mexican Succotash.

Okay, the quinoa... Here's how I made it.  I cooked the quinoa, which takes 20 minutes.  During that time, I prepared all the other ingredients./  When the quinoa is done, toss everything together and then eat it!

Ingredients:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...