A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

30 Before 30 : Progress Report

I have yet to fully cross anything off my 30 before 30 list.  HOWEVER, this weekend I will be crossing off #29: go on an overnight hike.  Originally, I thought I would do this with Dan or even Dan and BB (that would be insane, right?) but I'm going alone.  It will be a 24 hour, silent, overnight trip in which I plan to hike 12 miles at Crystal Mountain.  I'm looking forward to the peace.

I wont be bringing much since it's only 24-hours.  I will be wearing lots of clothing.  Even though it's been warm here in the city, the mountains will be cold!

I've also been watching some Marilyn Monroe films.  (#15:  Watch every movie that stars Marilyn Monroe).  I've seen many of her films already so I decided to start with Bus Stop which was one of her first dramatic films.  She wanted to be taken seriously after a long stream of "dumb blonde" roles.  Overall, she was not a great actress but she's so charming and captivating!  I'm so intrigued by her life.  She spent most of her life in foster homes and beat many odds to become a model, actress, singer and mega-star.  She's an inspiration, despite her personal problems and untimely death.  I'm looking forward to getting to know her more through her films.

Bus Stop 293
Marilyn Monroe on the set of Bus Stop.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fantastic weekend plan. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...