A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, August 06, 2012

Recipe: Ricotta Muffin-Cakes

I could also title this blog:  Let's see how many times I can use the word "moist".  I made up a recipe and it turned out fabulous so I am sharing the details with you.  I love a good, easy recipe.  Especially if it involves baked goods.  Don't you wish baked goods had zero calories?  I could literally eat pastries all day.  Anyway... These are the easiest, moistest muffin-cakes you'll ever eat!  I'm calling them muffin-cakes because I'm not sure if they're healthy enough to be considered a muffin or sweet enough to be considered a cake.  I'm going to eat them for breakfast and dessert so THERE!

Even the box of cake mix says "Moist"!
FOUR INGREDIENTS:
  1. A box of Cake Mix. I used carrot because it's what I had.
  2. 1.5 cups of Ricotta Cheese - light or regular.  It's up to you. 
  3. 4 Eggs
  4. 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract

Mix, pour into muffin cups or a 13x9" cake pan.  Bake muffin-cakes at 350° for about 20 - 25 minutes.  Bake 13x9" for about 30 - 35 minutes.  The ricotta adds about 5 grams of protein to each muffin-cake and keeps the cake  mix moist.  I recommend refrigerating them and eating them the next day. I dont know how it's possible but it makes them extra moist and extra amazing!!! (It's science.)  Enjoy! Happy baking!

6 comments:

  1. will they be at TC tonight?! sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this what you are mailing me? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! These sound absolutely scrumptious! PS... Your opening line is epic for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!!! I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
    Visit my webpage ; Sandpoint waterfront FSBO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...