A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Friday, July 20, 2012

There's a But...

Awesome:  BB definitely says the word "dad" 
But:  I am sure he has no idea what it means 
Great:  I am actually growing things in our garden!  Spinach, Carrots, Onions, Broccoli, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Brussel Sprouts and Rainbow Chard.
But:  I killed a cucumber plant because I decided to move it (WHAT?! Who does that?!).  We might only be harvesting one carrot this year and some kind of bugs are nibbling on the brussel sprouts.  In a nutshell:  I have no idea what I'm doing.











Rad:  I got up early to video Skype with Dan and it was so fun!
But:  I woke up early because I had a terrible nightmare that Dan and I were on vacation and we left a [newborn] BB in the van and the van was stolen and we were frantically trying to get him back.  It was the worst nightmare ever.
Booyah:  Summer is here!
But:  I have been sick since the 2nd day of vacation...so, about 2 weeks.  I desperately want to run and play and frolic outside but I've pretty much been watching Netflix or laying on a blanket in the yard.
Incredible:  BB is officially a snuggler.  He will take time in between his crawling around and playing to sit on my lap or give me hugs and kisses.  It's the best feeling in the world to see and feel my love for him being reciprocated.  
But:  He's finally cutting some more teeth and he's so sad and uncomfortable.  We can't wait for it to end.
Bomb:  My life-long BFF is getting married and her bridal showers this past weekend were AMAZING!  I am currently planning the most epic bachelorette weekend ever.
But:  It's a bit nerve-wracking writing and re-writing my maid of honor speech.


Meet the bridesmaids: Carina, Me, Sara, Jeanette, Amanda.  Not pictured:  Julie and Julie!
If this picture is any indication, I think we're going to have a BLAST at the bachelorette party, dont you? Photo by:  my sister, Karli
Photo by: My sister, Karli
My vegetables that aren't a huge disappointment
My Snuggler





2 comments:

  1. he says dad? so cute!!! sorry you're still feeling like poo :( lunch next week for sursies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some weird nasty bugs on our Brussels sprout plants too (and our brocooli). I don't think there's anything you can do about it, unfortunately. It suuuuuuucks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...