A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, April 16, 2012

On Being a Parent

There's something about the human condition that comes alive when we are made responsible for something. The same phenomenon happens when we are in a life or death situation. A book I read recently said that women desire an irreplaceable role in a grand adventure. I think that's why so many women love motherhood. Some women find adventure in many other ways.  They forgo family life for a life on the road or doing something wildly independent and radical; While other women love the adventure of caring for another human who is fully dependent on you.  No one should feel like less of a woman if they prefer their career, having pets or going on wild adventures to babies and motherhood.  In the same way, I don't want to be seen as silly, simple, or plain because I really enjoy being a mom.

Motherhood is most definitely a grand adventure.  Baby Bread has given my life a new purpose.  This child needs a good family.  We need to be the best parents we can be. There's not a lot I can say about Baby Bread or his situation. We don't know how long we'll have him but I know that he's thriving and happy in our home and I can't help but be proud and feel somewhat responsible for his progress. He is our son and he always will be, no matter what the government decides.





9 comments:

  1. Motherhood suites you!! And that baby boy belongs with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthy Ann is right motherhood suites you and so does baby bread. My goodness what a match prayed this morning for the Lord to allow him to stay with you always! Blessings and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE being a mom, and it's true, sometimes I worry that other people judge me for that being the only thing I really care about. In my other life, I was a CPA, and all I wanted to be was partner of the firm where I worked by the time I was 30. But then when I was 26 I had Grace and my whole life changed instantly. I went back to work when she was 3 months old. For ONE DAY. And said, forget it, this is not what I want to "be" anymore. I want to be a mom, and that's it. So I quit my job. Motherhood is really not something that can be "explained" to anyone who is not a mother, and it's not something that you can really prepare for either. But the second you become a mother you totally "get it". You are meant to be BB's mother, and it makes my heart happy to see your family grow. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your story, Rachel! That is amazing. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement! We love you and your family so much!

      Delete
  4. I think having a child would make me want to be a better person...for them. I already feel that way with my dogs. Like I know if the world were to end right now in normal circumstances I would check out...but for my dogs I have to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *P.S. could you imagine what I would for a real child??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the picture of you kissing his face, linz! And, I like this post, as well. I just wrote a bio and part of it held some similar thoughts. I was thinking about posting it on my blog but am feeling a little intimidated after reading your post. You're a good writer. Let's hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent a lot of time on this post! I started writing it about a month ago and then go the urge to edit and post it. Yes, let's hang out!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...