A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Birthday!

WHOA!  It's my blog birthday!  I started this blog four years ago with this post.  Thrilling, I know.  It was just a couple photos of my first senior portrait client ever:  Sara.  She is such a doll.  The crazy thing is, she is probably graduating from college now!

Anyway, the past four years have been fun!  I started this blog because I just thought I needed one.  But then I forgot about it.  Then, I began blogging regularly in January 2011.  I posted 183 times last year!  I think the change (from blogging never, to blogging often) came when I realized that I really needed an outlet.  With all the craziness in my life (like, my husband traveling 2 weeks every month) I wanted a place to record our fun memories.  The road trips we've taken, the weddings and special people we have photographed, and the process of becoming parents.  It's all been a whirlwind and I am so glad that we have this little piece of internet to record all the fun!

To show you the evolution of this little blog I've chosen one blog per year that I think defines where we were during said year.  So, here are my favorite blogs from '08 thru 2012!  Enjoy and thanks for reading dontknowhowtorelax.com!

This is a list I created with my friend, Jody, for her wedding.  It's a great list for brides to give to their wedding photographers. 

This is when I started to get a lot more confidence in my ability to take portraits.  My editing also improved.  I bet you can't tell that Alex's green T-shirt had a big logo on it.  I smudged it out in PhotoShop.  Not my best work but it improved the photo!  His mom, who didn't get to approve his senior picture wardrobe, was very appreciative!

I get a lot of questions from families and seniors about what to wear to a photoshoot so I started researching some ideas and came up with this list.  There's no need to get too matchy-matchy or too dressed-up.   Here are five simple guidelines to help you decide what to wear to your photoshoot. 


Even though I get crazy antsy on road trips I really like them!  Road trips are a huge part of who Daniel and I are as a couple.  Our college was an 18 hour drive away from home and we drove it several times a year.  In July of 2011, we drove from Seattle to Chicago.  The first day was warm and fun and I took one of my favorite photos of Daniel, seen above.


This year, my wonderful husband starting blogging with me.  He is, afterall, a photographer for LMR Photography and his life is sometimes a lot more interesting than mine so I'm so glad he's contributing.  In January, he took me into the wild west and he took some pictures of me that I actually like.  I love how he writes and his photos are great, too!

I'm looking forward to many years filled with photos and stories and more about BB!  Thanks for reading!  We love it.  

XOXO, D+L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...