A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas in the Air



The house is officially decorated for Christmas!  I'm sure I'll still find ways, here and there, to add Christmas cheer to every room in the house.  It was always holiday tradition for my family to get our tree the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving but in recent years it's gotten later and later.  We had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend.   Then a busy Monday, then Tuesday was pouring down rain so I didn't get a tree until Wednesday and I didnt have time to decorate it until Friday.  A week late, in my book, but who cares.  It's done and I love it!  I even put up lights outside but I don't have any pictures of it.  And, yes, I did it myself.  My husband doesn't like decorating - but he likes decorations.  I dont mind doing it myself.... plus, I'm pretty sure if I waited for him to help me it wouldn't get done until December 23rd.

I love my nativity set.  Jesus is the reason for the season, of course!


The stockings are from the year we spent in France.  They're a little quirky with the purple and orange but I love them.






Potpourri and ornaments in a vase - a very cheap and easy decorating idea.


I got the French postcard when we lived in France.  It's one of the most beautiful postcards I've ever seen and it says Joyeux Noel. ♥


And I'm still finding new ways to use the chalkboard Contact paper!

It's a little wild and gaudy but I hung this garland and ornaments from the dining room chandelier. 


We got a 5 foot noble fir from Two Five Trees in downtown Tacoma.

I've had this for as long as I can remember.
I cant wait to add another stocking to our mantle! ♥  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...