A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wedding Photos I Wish I Had

So, yesterday I shared my wedding photos.  I got married right when photographers went digital.  Seriously.  My sister in law got married two months before us and her photos were on film.  I had a really good photographer but digital photography was just too new.  My photos are only 1MB each.  For any of you non-nerds, a good digital photo these days is at least 5 or 6 MB.  

Dan and I didn't want to see each other before our ceremony.  Which is romantic but it never leaves enough time for photos and it definitely doesn't give a lot of time to do anything too creative.  We had set aside some time in between the ceremony and reception.  We literally ran out of the church, drove to the golf course where the reception was held, and took all the family and group photos we could, then we spent about 10 minutes alone on the fairway and got a couple good shots.  

I wish things like wedding blogs and Pinterest existed back then!  If I was getting married again, or better yet, if I could go back in time, here are some photos I would LOVE to have.  Maybe it's not too late.  If I lose 5 pounds I can fit into my wedding dress! 
Amazing.  Obviously.  [Via]



Our reception was at a golf club so we could have totally done something like this!  Only, we would have used Dan's special wedding day shoes, too.  [Via]


portland wedding video and photo
I LOVE THIS!  Our centerpieces were potted flowers and golf balls in driving range buckets with moss.  [Our gifts were monogrammed golf balls]  But if we were to get married again, I would use vintage cameras and monogrammed mugs with flowers and music books - just like this picture! It's very "us".  [Via]


This is a fabulous editorial shot!  And it's in Seattle at Pike Place!  [Via]


It would have been nice to get married in France, oui ou non?  GOSH!  I love this! [Via]


I loved laying in roads as a kid.  This shot really caught my eye and it would be so simple to re-create.  [Via]


I dont have any close-ups from our big day.  (I dont remember the photographer getting anywhere within 15 feet of me at all times!)  The photo is candid and personal and so sweet.  [Via]


Magical.  And, again, it's in France.  Need I say more?  [Via]


We have a photo similar to this but without the jumping.  I just like the action and excitement it shows.  Dan would totally be into it, too.  [Via]


2 comments:

  1. You totally can still do it! I put my dress on 2 years later and had some done. Well they were free and my Husband didn't want his photo taken. But I love those photos. We did some in Pike Place too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to!!! I LOVE your 2 year re-shoot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...