A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Post-Home-Study-Letter

To my future child,

I've been thinking about you for many years.  With tears in my eyes, I sat in your room last night and I wondered if you were okay.  I wonder if you're born yet or still in your mommy's tummy.  I wonder if you have siblings, what you look like, and why your parents can't care for you.  I want you to love us and one day call us "mom and dad" and I want our house to feel like home to you.

We had our home study today and all the legal paperwork is done.  Now we are waiting.  We are so excited to meet you!  I hope and pray that our home is place where you'll feel safe and you'll grow and learn and find joy in this crazy, messed up world.  

With all the love in my heart,
Your [future, hopeful] mom

2 comments:

  1. Are you adopting? I must read more! We're leaning that direction (someday). Just had some friends who just went to Ethiopia to meet their little guy.

    Good luck! You guys look like you'd be such fun parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Foster to adopt! You can read my post in August that's called "Big Announcement!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...