A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Arizona: Day 1

I got to Arizona last Tuesday night.  On Wednesday, we awoke to a beautiful, crisp 75 degree morning.  Sleepily, we packed some food, water, and I brought my camera.  We got to the base of Camelback around noon and began our trek up its steep, rocky path.  Nearly two hours later and a 15 degree temperature increase, we reached the top.  We sat for a picnic lunch and then descended the mountain; this trip took half the time.  Although it was difficult, I loved it.  We all did.  The view, the accomplishment, the funny characters we met along the way (which included a guy we met at the summit with weighted backpack and armbands who ate the remainder of my sandwich) all were amazing!  I would love to go back in a few years and see if I can still reach the top.









Yes, I lugged my tripod the whole way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...