A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Turn!

Three days after my mom turned 50, I turned... 20-something. I had to pause and think about if I wanted to share my age on the internet, aaaand, I do not.  However, in two years, I'll throw a kick-ass 30th birthday party [similar to the lovely Mandy of HarpersHappenings.com] and you'll all hear about it.  (See what I did there?  I told you my age.  You just have to do a little math.)

So, what did I do?  Um... let's see.  I slept in until 9:30, which was awesome after a DAY 'o' wine-tasting on Sunday. My body needed it.  Then, Dan went to suspiciously "run errands" (i.e. buy my gifts) and I went to the gym.  I really, really wanted to get in a good workout.  And, I did!  Yay, me.  Then, I showered.  Then, we went up to this Mongolian Grill in SeaTac that I looooove.  Then, Monday night soccer - which I decided not to cancel since A) I love Monday night soccer -and- 2) I love everyone who goes to Monday night soccer.

Then, the after party was awesome!  After soccer, I ran over and changed at our friends Nate and Danielle's house while Dan got some spots reserved at D.O.A. on 6th Ave.  It was so nice to see everyone!  I love getting friends together.  My only regret was that the camera wasn't behaving.  Dan took these photos.  One was extremely over-exposed and the other was the opposite and not properly white-balanced.  They're the only evidence from 8/15/11 so ... deal with it.  We cant have photos of EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.  (But, I wish we could!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lindsy! Do you know Mandy in real life? or just from this internet thingie? I met her on a bloggy zoo playdate a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted my age all over the place and then you don't want to tell your age.
    It's okay I'M 50! and I can kick. :)
    You are so dearly loved. Thank you for making my day special. Wish I could have done more to make yours even better.
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - Mandy and I have some mutual friends so we've met in real life, then on the internet, then again in real life. She is fabulous!

    Mom - I DID post my age, sorta. HAHA! I am so glad you had a fun birthday. Mine wasn't so bad, dont worry. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...