A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mason Jar Light

We live in a building that's over 100 years old and the electricity is from 1979.  One thing we needed is a light in the nursery.  The nursery doesn't even have wiring for a light fixture - so we had to improvise.  For this nursery, I want to keep the industrial feel of our loft.  Two of the four walls are white brick.  There's a large, floor-to-ceiling window and old, exposed beams on the ceiling.  I got a metal, vintage-looking fan on clearance.  We are using gray and army green with accents of red and yellow.  

Our own bedroom doesn't have a light so we've got four IKEA "Hemma" lights dangling from the rafters.  Working off the same idea, I got a few more of those at $3.99 each and some large Ball mason jars at an antique store for $6 each.  A few simple steps and I have this cute vintage light!  These were so easy to make and they'll totally fit the theme of the nursery!  Here's my first "how-to"....












I love it!   This was super easy and super cheap to make.  I want to make more!  Maybe a chandelier full of them!

3 comments:

  1. that was such a great idea, linz! i'm totally impressed with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too fricking adorable. sometimes i want to just come sit in your loft and breathe. it looks so gorg (supes gorg actually)... great little how to post. i'm thinking we have to start trading posts and "sponsor spaces" on blogs. i have too many ideas. need to email you. love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...