A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, June 20, 2011

Style Nouveau

My hair has been long and layered and balayaged for far too long.  Dont know what balayage is?  It's hand painted highlights that give a softer grow out than foiled highlights or all-over-dye.  I am a HUGE proponant for balayage.  Before balayage, I re-colored my hair every 4 weeks.  Since I died my hair brown a year ago I have done balayage twice:  Once in Ocotber, and then again in February.  February was over 3 months ago!  It was getting really grown out - like 2 inches of roots.  So, I got my hair done over the weekend!  She cut about 3 inches off and went WAY LIGHTER.  I like it, though.  I set up the ol' tripod and did some self-portraits and only one turned out.  The others are so goofy.  I cannot successfully do the serious side-look without looking like a total noob so I just stare at the camera and smile and pretend like it's Dan taking the picture.  :)



I've also been trying different things with my nails.  Blue, pastelly green, minty green, bright pink.  The other day I tried a bling finger.  I dont know if that's what it's called but that's what I'm calling it.  You paint 1 nail a different, stand-out color.  This is Maybelline Gold Rush on my ring finger... I mean, bling finger!.... and OPI Shanghai Shimmer on the rest.  Loves it!


1 comment:

  1. you are so fashionable. i like your tank top!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...