A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, March 07, 2011

French Fruits





I've had the desire to do some sort of wall-mural but I'm not much of a painter. And, taking into account the fact that the longest I've lived anywhere is three years, I wanted to make something mobile. I wanted to paint the Fruits of the Spirit in a foreign language. Dan came up with the idea of doing a European-looking road sign. I didnt want to do the words in English (English is stupid, haha) and I was thinking of Slavik (my heritage) but I dont know Slavik and even with the use of http://www.freetranslation.com/ that can go horribly wrong. I am comfortable with French, I lived in France for a year (2006-2007) and visit there every year since so why not do the Fruits of the Spirit in French?! No surprise there.

For those of you who dont know, the Fruits of the Spirit are from The Bible in the book of Galatians. Paul, the author, is telling the church of Galatia how to live by "The Way" (the early term for Christianity). As a follower of Christ, I think of these "fruits" as the measuring stick for how I'm doing in life.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. - Galatians 5:22

I'm curious, blog-readers, what do you use to measure how you're doing in life? If you dont have a measuring stick, how do you measure up to the Fruits of the Spirit? I'll be honest, I fail at these every day. Probably every second. I'm failing at 'patience' right now because I am anxiously waiting for some more photos to upload. "The Way" does not require us to be perfect, it requires us to do our best.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...