A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired

Me, 1986.

I have always been a mover-and-a-shaker. I love movies but hate sitting through them, I am almost always doing more than one thing at a time, and I freqently have my days planned out... morning to night... days, even weeks in advance. That's just how I always am. Mom used to call me "wiggle worm" because I never stopped moving.

It's not ADHD, I think I'm just trying to find something more interesting. I cant stop moving, thinking, doing. It's funny that I love yoga but I am not a true "yogi" because I do a TON of thinking during yoga class and never meditate or clear my mind or whatever crap they tell you to do.


Usually my weekends are filled with workouts, photo shoots, dates, concerts, meals, cooking, shopping, traveling. Not this weekend! I've been sick. I have what I call "30% Pneumonia". It's a lot like pneumonia but only 30% of it. This means: small fever, runny nose, phlegmmy cough. It hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't gotten better. So, to a mover-and-a-shaker like me, this is the worst. Better off dead! I'd rather be full-blown sick, forced to call off all my plans than just a little bit sick and trying to do all the stuff I want to do and feel crappy and have a bad attitude.


So, here I am with 30% pnemonia, trying to hang out with friends that last two nights in a row and it was no fun. So today I called off a day of snowboarding. (Snowboarding for 6 hours would turn 30% into 100% for sure.)

Dan named today "Artism Day". He started a blog... read it! And I finished a painting and almost finished a quilt. Go Artism Day! There's still time! What can you create today?


2 comments:

  1. I'm in the exact same boat with the sickness thingy.

    a quilt? seriously...if i find out you have one more talent I don't think being your friend will be good for my self esteem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are so funny:) I love the 30% pneumonia bit...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...