A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo of the Day / Reclaiming 2011

May I bear my soul to you? It's a blog, that's what blogs are for. Okay, to be completely honest, I am embarrased to announce that I spend a lot of time looking at my own Facebook page (self-centered, I know). I hate it.  I am constantly worrying about what kind of person I am portraying to : a) my family, b) people I used to go to church with, c) my real friends, d) my acquaintances and e) people I went to high school with. Instead of compartmentalizing my life I am going to be "me" all the time. So, now that I have granted myself this freedom, I get to go wild.

Anyway, my photography is really really important to me. I've been spending a lot of time playing music and learning new instruments that I just haven't put a lot of effort into my photography. And, as a previous post stated, 2010 was the worst year ... EVER. So, I wanted to use Facebook for something that is "me". Something to remember 2011 and make it a better year than last year. Thus, I started a "365" project on Facebook. I would have done this project via Blogger but I just dont have the time to login and open a new blog page and wait for the photos to upload (which takes FOREVER on Blogger and like 3 seconds on Facebook).

It's not that hard to take a photo. However, in the last 24 days my eyes have been renewed. I'm looking for art everywhere. I'm trying to create moments that warrant being added to the "Photo of the Day" project. If I just worked the ol' 9 to 5 and hit up the gym and then watched a movie what would I take a photo of?!!? My computer screen? BORRRRRRING.


I'm creating memories.
Looking for beauty and art.
Attempting to inspire myself.

Oh yeah, here's the link to the PHOTO OF THE DAY!  You probably have to login to see that. I dont know.  And, since this is a photo blog... here are a few of my favorite Photos of the Day, thus far....






1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...