A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blogs should be written on paper

I guess I am going to try and blog more. Right now, I have THREE followers and zero comments. Unless it gets better in... let's say...3 weeks... I will quit altogether. Maybe not delete it but just let it sit. Afterall, having a blog attached to your website helps your websites' Google ranking/web traffic/ all that jazz. [This information is courtesy of Josh at Ainsworth Studio.]

Okay, so I changed the blog header to be a little more about me than about other peoples weddings.

1) paint/art, pretty self explanatory
2) me taking photos - duh, it's a photography blog
3) the wine corks represent food and wine (maybe some resturant reviews????!!!)
4) me and my husband, Dan. He is a traveling musician in THIS BAND.
5) books. I like 'em. I've got a degree in Religion/Theology with a minor in English (Lit.)

................I guess I left out music but that can be part of the 'art' photo. I also left out yoga, cooking, running, and my faith. All these things make me. I've always struggled with not having a definition. Growing up I played viola, I played softball, I did a little bit of choir and theater. You know you have those friends that you're like, "This is Ben, he's a longboarder" or "This is Brittny, she's a writer"? I never had that. I kind-of wrote a poem about this last night, on paper, in my journal.

Nothing defines me
Mediocre or, at most, "GOOD"
at many things
Writing, Photography, Running,
Painting, Theology, Cooking, Music.
Nothing defines me because I'm just good
Good, not great
Not "nothing"
perhaps everything
Every one of these things makes me who I am


That's the worst poem ever written. It's more like the scribblings of an insomniac at 2am. So, here we go to 2011. A year of blogs, hopefully some happiness and restoration, art and beauty.... and whole lotta fun!

Cheers.

5 comments:

  1. I love getting comments on my blog too. :-) I've decided blogging is good for my soul. Not because it's public or because I can say whatever I want, but because it's cathartic and I feel like I'm making art when I'm writing. I hope you don't give up on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...we are our own worst critics. I look at you and I'm amazed at your talents and abilities...I would put you in the "great" if not "awesome" category.

    love the header btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I introduce you as my friend Lindsy.....the Vegan..


    see! you got a "thing" too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bewildering! But as Ruthy said, we are our own worst critics. I would say the thing that stands out most, or that comes to mind automatically is "Lindsy, the photographer." But that is for the general public, for my private opinion (most relevant to my personal Lindsy experience)the first thing that comes to mind is "Lindsy, smallest flake out rate ever." And that is HARD to do. You have to be selfless, reliable, AND fun to be with or else it don't mean ish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont want to be Lindsy the vegan!!! haha. Thanks Brit, Thanks Ruthy, Thanks Kadie!!! Sweet, sweet words. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...