A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, April 24, 2017

Love Others

I found this photo. It's from about 1 year ago. Ronan was about 7 months old. I was still nursing and I had just run the Music City half marathon. I was still feeling a little chubby but all my clothes fit and I was in great health. Sure, I had a little baby weight but I dont see it now. I'm still about 8 pounds heavier than I was before I got pregnant but I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was in this photo. In a few days I'll run that same half marathon and I anticipate I'll shave about 30 seconds off each mile this time around. My mental health is great, despite a mountain of stress that is : 3 jobs and buying a house. But when I stop focusing on myself and my own "probelms", when I pour into my family, friends and neighbors, I am full. I am happiest when I'm not thinking of myself.
John 13:34-35 says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Loving and accepting myself has allowed me to love and accept others more fully and readily. What a trip, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...