We're going to try and simplify this season based on the criteria in "The Christmas Conundrum" by Jen Hatmaker which kicked me in the face (or heart) and said, "Really? THAT'S how you're celebrating the Savior's birth?". If you're feeling like you want to experience the true meaning of Christmas, take the time to read what she has to say. I warn you that it may be a little extreme for some families. And, that's ok.
We really dont need much this year but our boy is growing up so fast and outgrowing his clothes and toys. So, without further ado, I'm going to completely negate all of the things I just wrote and post a really selfish Christmas Wish List for my 2 year old. Ummm, sorrynotsorry. These are fun to make .... So, without further ado, here are some gift ideas for BB!
- We're going to be doing some traveling and now that BB is 2 he gets his own ticket - which means he gets his own bag! I am considering this Trunki for a pre-Christmas gift since we're going to Chicago to be with Dan's side of the family. However, it has some seriously bi-polar reviews. Although, this thing has great reviews and also seems like a good time.
- My little man loves to pretend and he loves to "help" in the kitchen. IKEA dish sets, work benches and play food are affordable and durable.
- These tweed high tops from Old Navy kill me. (size 7)
- "New Punk" Sweatshirt from Zara Kids because he's obviously new punk. (size 2 - 3)
- Our evenings have been spent reading lots of books and we like bedtime books the best. Steam Train Dream Train sounds wonderful but any book will do!
- It's about time to start potty training (eeek!) and these organic cotton training pants are so cute!
Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!