- It is GOSH DANG hot. Humidity is no joke.
- You WILL eat a cheeseburger everyday.
- You will probably eat pizza everyday, too.
- If a baby sits at the head of the table, he will be called "The Godfather" by every passer-by.
- No one can read your sarcasm when you tell them you can hardly hear their accent.
- There are bugs in the trees that sound like screaming demons.
- Corn on the cob is cheaper than, well... anything.
- Make sure you have plenty of sunscreen and bug spray in case you go outside for 5 seconds.
- You have to drive a lot and it's flat and it's boring.
- FROZEN. CUSTARD.
We are heading out the Midwest again to visit our family. We always have a blast in the Midwest! Last year it was over 110° and super muggy. This year we expect it be a bit more mild - but still hotter and more humid that this Washingtonian is accustomed to.
Here are some photos from last year...
|Corn and flat land.|
|4th of July cake balls - because cake pops are sometimes too hard to make.|
|We have a lot of nieces and nephews. This is about half of them...plus Dan.|
|More flat land.|