A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mason Jars in the Hizzy

You know what I like?  Organizing things, and old things, and cute things.  Thus:  Mason Jars!  I love buying old mason jars (and new ones!) for keeping stuff in.  Here is a photo collage of some old and new mason jars that are literally all over my house and all the things I've put in them.  My favorites were the blue ones that my sister found at an antique for $5/each.  A little pricey but totally worth it.  Do not forget my mason jar lights - which are the most awesome things I think I've ever created.  I hope we can again someday live in a lofty space that would require one of these lights.

Jars for untensils and popcorn!  Antique cup holds garlic (always), salt and pepper shakers are Southern Home, "R" is  Home Goods.  Tabasco and cookies not thrifted.


Mason jars for baby things and pretty things and practical things...


How do YOU use your mason jars?

  

250x

6 comments:

  1. I use mason jars to store my dry bulk foods like rice, quinoa, beans, and lentils! http://www.meghanmccabe.com/2011/11/mini-pantry-project.html

    And as a wine glass :)

    I also use them for their real purpose of canning jams and butters and soups and sauce! I LOVE Mason jars!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome!!! Good idea! I need a place for quinoa! :)

      Delete
  2. i love how you wrote "tabasco and cookies are not thrifted" hehe. I love your flowers too...i just remembered i have flowers in the back yard I can cut and put in mason jars! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you had me at "mason jars" in the header. I came over from Mandy's linkup and I love your blog! I'll definitely be reading more. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use mine to hold lots of bulk foods, nutirtional yeast, flax seed, lentils, split peas, rice etc. Rarely do I use them for cute things - I like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...