A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Friday, December 02, 2011

Chalk it Up!

When I heard of chalkboard Contact paper, I think my head exploded.  I love chalkboards!  And they're everywhere lately, right?  I dont have any photos of it but YEARS ago, maybe 2005, in our first house, I painted the upper cabinets in our kitchen with chalkboard spray paint.  Now I'm back to renting so I can't do things that permanent.  

I ordered it off Amazon.com because I couldn't find it in stores.  This stuff is so not permanent.  I actually cut some out and put in on the fridge, then decided I didn't like it there so I peeled it off and moved it to this door.

The door is in our [massive] kitchen.  I see it all the time, everyday so it's a great spot for our calendar.  Dan and I have a hard time keeping our busy schedules straight.  Sometimes we commit to going to one event while forgetting that he has a show or I have a photoshoot.  So, hopefully this Contact paper will save our lives.  My hopes are THAT high.


I also used a little for a friends birthday present.  All I did was traced the glass from the frame on cardboard, then cut  it out, then traced the Contact paper.  Peel the back off, stick it on the cardboard, throw away or re-use the glass from the frame and VOILA!  I then wrapped a couple pieces of chalk in curling ribbon and there you go - a personalized gift!  Perhaps I can make some custom Christmas gifts, too.  


4 comments:

  1. soooooooooo cool. need to get some of this. Does it erase pretty well? what do you use to erase with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it erases. I just use a paper towel. I havent gotten a 'real' eraser yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?! That is amazing, I must repost!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...