A BLOG BY LINDSY READ

Monday, October 17, 2011

25 things you didn't know about me



1)  I have been obsessed with pictures my whole life.  As a kid, I loved looking through my parents and grandparents photo albums and old yearbooks.
2)  I wasn't one of the those girls who dreamed about a wedding or being a wife so it's ironic that I was the first of my friends to get married.
3)  I only played with Barbie so that I could decorate her mansion and dress her in cool clothes.
4)  My senior project was about being an interior designer (see #3) but I didn't like the designers I interviewed so I never followed those dreams.
5)  I don't mind the rain here in Washington state.
6)  I have OCD about my nails.  I cut and/or file and/or polish them daily.  I think it's a nervous habit.
7)  I was in "Future Business Leaders of America" in highschool.
8)  ... and I got 4th place in the state for Word-Proccessing.
8)  I cannot stand mouth noises  (Smacking, gulping, swishing, smooshing...) so we play music at dinner time.
9)  I am obsessed with several [cancelled] TV shows and I savor them (i.e. watch them very, very slowly and incrementally) because I do not want to admit that they got cancelled and will one day come to an end.  These shows are:  The O.C., My So Called LifeArrested Development, and The Wonder Years.
10)  I do a VERY good impression of John C. Reillly as Dr. Steve Brule... but only for Dan and my family.
11)  In high school people thought I was a stoner yet I have never been high.  I guess I'm just weird.
12)  I am in a rap group.  No, I will not post the link.
13)  I love doing laundry but I really hate putting it away.
14)  I dream of buying my clothes at fancy boutiques and department stores.  I actually buy my clothes at H&M, Target, or thrift-shops.
15)  Dan and I  took photo booth pictures on all of our milestone dates.
16)  I couldn't really snowboard until I lived in the French Alps for a winter.  That was super intimidating!
17)  When I was in the fifth grade, I had a black sweatsuit which I appliqued watermelons onto.  As if that's not enough, I had puffy painted around the appliques.  (My mom had something to do with this project.  It wasn't ALL my idea!)  I wore it about once a week.  It came back to haunt me in the 8th grade when someone brought it up in my math class.
18)  My rapper name is Sweatsuit (ironic?)
19)  I think I have about 7 tattoos.  I never want to count them because I like the shock in people's faces when they ask how many I have and I tell them I don't know.
20)  I think I would be a really great teacher but I don't want to go back to school.
21)  I also think I would be a really great graphic designer but I do not want to go back to school.
22)  Dan and I went to a teeny tiny 60 year old private university in Edmonton, Alberta.  The university closed 2 years ago and we have no idea why.
23)  Even though I said I don't mind the rain, I really love sunshine.  I am obsessed with it.  If it's sunny, I'm outside - no matter what.
24)  I think it would be cool if party photo-booth photography was my real money-making job!
25)  I have over 20 cousins on my mom's side of the family.

5 comments:

  1. I saw on twitter that arrested development is coming back for one more season followed by a movie. jason bateman confirmed it, so I'm hoping it's true. I love the OC too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "2) I wasn't one of the those girls who dreamed about a wedding or being a wife so it's ironic that I was the first of my friends to get married."

    HA! Me too. Heck, I didn't even date in high school.

    Loved this! The photobooth shots are TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm reading all of this... I regret that I didn't know you more :-(

    Love from France crazy guys !

    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Lorenzo! Thanks for stopping by! Hope to run into you in France again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i just found your blog and i think its very cool. i do photobooth shots with my boyfriend as well :) loved your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love feedback and I read every comment and would love to respond to you! If you want to be notified of a response, click that little "notify me" box! xo, Lindsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...